It’s not time yet to pack your bags, but it is time to think about registering to attend Family Weekend, which is set for Sept. 20-22. This event gives you the chance to spend time with your student as well as learn more about the university where they will be spending the next four years (give or take).
The cost is only $20 per person (students attend free) for a weekend of fun activities on campus, though a few events do have an additional cost. Details are available on the Family Weekend website.
You can also submit your registration on the website and find information about nearby accommodations. It’s a good idea to go ahead and make your hotel reservations if you’re planning to attend.
Here are a few of the weekend’s highlights:
- Casino Night with food and cash bar
- Exploring downtown Farmville
- Yoga class
- State of the University address from President W. Taylor Reveley IV
- Picnic lunch
- Activities: volleyball, cornhole, ladder golf and more
Department open houses
- Free admission to the Robert Russa Moton Museum
- Dessert reception sponsored by the Parents Council
- Entertainment by mind reader, hypnotist and psychic entertainer Robert Channing
For the most up-to-date information, including changes to the schedule of activities, download the Guidebook app and search for Longwood Family Weekend 2019.
You can also call 434-395-2103 if you have questions.
It’s sure to be a fun weekend. We’d love to see you here—and we bet your student would, too!